Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Maybe I'm Almost There

Well, it's been a crazy month. But it's just a couple more days before I go back to Cali to retrieve my wife and son. The contrast in emotions from driving up there without knowing what it's really going to be like and facing an extended tour of duty without my family, not having our house sold, etc. to being settled in to my job and feeling comfortable in our new place -- and most importantly having my peeps with me is just huge.

I was really stressed out. And just sort of caught up in the momentum of interviewing, trying to make this thing happen. Then when it really did happen, there wasn't a chance to kind of catch my breath. Just do what I have to do to get up here and get to work.

All this is to say that I'm feeling great and have almost made it through the tunnel. One of the things that I've learned from this experience is that people really aren't meant to be alone for extended periods!

On another topic, actually doing the work to promote this album is a pretty daunting task. The only thing I can really think to do is post links on Rush fan message boards but even that doesn't feel great when people (rightly, I guess) come down on you for being a self-promoting off-topic spammer.

So, I dunno. It could be that my audience is never really very large for this music. Certainly this blog will not get nearly the audience of my Microvision Blog. Kind of interesting since the music is absolutely inspired by some of the visions of the future that being so into Microvision has conjured up. But, whatever. I think I might just be ahead of my time...again!

Thanks to everyone who has listened and I appreciate the feedback. It's been a lot of time spent 'on the inside' and to make that connection with other people through this expression is a big deal to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home