Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Cloud Cover



in the chaos of time that's strung together
without a pause to beat it back
somewhere there's a silent moment
in my mind's whirl and my heart's attack

looking down at all that the world is
the crush of cars and roads and buildings
it makes you want to fly away

but you can't fly in the daytime
and you can't hope to know your dreams
as the present tense slips through seams

awake under the cloud cover
I'm standing in the misty rain
as hills erupt in all directions
I just want to see you again


wrapped around my heart
stolen away by a phantom fear
I know that you are near me
when everything I've known just disappeared

lingering over the hillside
like a blanket pulled up by the trees
I can't think of anywhere else to be

in the moment now I can almost see you
I can almost hear your voice
and everything only you or I could remember

burning through the cloud cover
here comes the mighty sun
to bathe us all in rays of hope for change
to bring about what is to come


when the dream ends
and you're up with the sun again
and the rain falls
you can already see the future

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home