Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just Keep Driving



I love driving. Driving around, cranking up some tunes, I can really concentrate on music. The only distraction being, all the other cars! And, getting where I'm trying to get to. But on a daily commute, that's pretty much automatic. So, I have a chance to listen to some of the work that I've done on these first 5 tunes for 'Washington State' and also some older songs.

It's a great way to come up with ideas for vocal harmonies, changes in the mixes or new things to throw on top of these songs. Opportunities to spend one on one time with the music and engage the creative mind don't come around that often -- which is why I'm really pleased to have gotten 5 songs basically done in the I think 3 months since I started writing the lyrics for this new project. I've got music and lyrics for one other song basically ready to go. So hopefully I can get that going before too long.

Hope everybody's doing great out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home