Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ben on MySpace.com



I started a Ben Averch page on MySpace.com. Thought this could be a good way to get some viral marketing going. There are a bunch of people with the keyword 'Lifeson' in their profiles...so obviously there's my target market right there!

Still working on the record after taking a few days off to clear my head. It's going to sound good, but the goal at the outset wasn't to make this too slick -- just to do it and have it be done and hopefully have some good songs. So I won't kill myself trying to make it perfect, but just try to get the point across.

Anyway, check out the new page, there's a pretty slick little media player that starts rocking 'Reset the Clock' as soon as you visit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

Speaking of Lifeson, Alex Lifeson is on the cover of the latest Guitar Player magazine. In addition to the main interview with him, there is a cool little piece about how he met Jimmy Page for the first time several years ago.

In related news, yesterday William kept asking me to play the "dragon song" - One Little Victory from the Rush In Rio DVD.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Ben said...

hey Matt!

yeah, I read that article in the grocery store as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to shell out the $6.50. I was interested to see the Geddy sidebar where he says he prefers Alex's Gibson tones to his PRS tones.

There was also a cool bit about Al's PRS Singlecuts which are so awesome. I was keen to hear about how much he likes them.

I'll be psyched when Brady wants to hear Rush. for the moment, he's all about Dora and Boots.

Also cool in that Geddy sidebar was where Geddy called out 'Marathon' as having a beautiful solo. Hadn't heard it for a while but thinking back, yeah, that is freakin sweet!

Hope you're doing great!!!!
Ben

1:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben: Just read your comment about Brady and remembered that he started dancing to your "Workin'Man" on an archived video when I played it for him here. It would be cool to sometime put on that Rush album and see if he 'remembers' that song.

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home