Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hope Anchor



come up from the bottom
climb up on the chain
come up to the surface
again and again
and in the faraway distance
I see a glittering light
and then a wind that blows me away
to a deep dark night

no matter what I say
it all means the same
I don't know what I'd do
if I couldn't cling to you


then when the storm falls
and the rain's coming down
you know I saw it all coming
I couldn’t turn it around
I don't know how it got started
I don't know how this could be
everything is in free fall
for what it means to me

no matter what I say
it all means the same
I don't know what I'd do
if I couldn't cling to you
and when the winds collide
you are my place to hide
out on the open sea
maybe you can find me


I can't see anything anymore
I've lost my sightline to the shore
you're my way back on
to where I belong
waiting hope anchor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home