Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

It Ain't Me



It Ain't Me

Under a microscope, I can see myself now, disintegrating
Under lock and key, can I free myself somehow, deviating

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
I’m not the one to set you free, no
It ain’t me, no


What does it mean to be the picture of your expectations
There’s no way I can explain, this wasn’t preordained but we know the ending

It ain’t me, it ain’t me
I’m not the one to set you free, no
It ain’t me, it ain’t me, no
I need to find myself lost
No matter what the cost
It ain’t me, it ain’t me, no


Forget about the rules, I don’t mean to be so cruel
It’s incomprehensible
If I should disappear, fulfill my greatest fear
Is it inescapable

Buried under the snow
Wherever love may go
It ain’t me, it ain’t me, no
Without a word to pretend
Beginnings need an ending
It ain’t me, it ain’t me, no

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home