Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Nothing Shines Through



The Nothing Shines Through

When I feel I’m falling
And the water’s rising up to meet me
And there’s no one I can talk to
About the pain in life that’s gonna defeat me
Is there anyway to turn back
And take another look at the landscape
Before diving through a frozen lake
Cos between my hands it’s the world I make

The nothing shines through
The solid world just comes unglued
And the life I try so hard to build
Illusions that I can’t fulfill


Did you ever stop to wonder
How things take on a shape of their own
And everything we started
By bringing life to the unknown
Is there room left to maneuver
Cos I feel like I’ve been cast in stone
And I hope to God you’re with me
Cos I don’t want to face it alone

The nothing shines through
The solid world just comes unglued
And the life I try so hard to build
Illusions that I can’t fulfill
The nothing shines through
The distance between me and you
Falling shy of all my dreams
Is tearing me right at the seams


In your arms is where I want to be
When I see clearly you are all I see
Wide open to the world
Wide open to the world
Wide open

The nothing shines through

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home