Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

One and the Same



Is there space around your heart
Any place for me to start
To find my way back from the edge
Where I’ve been staring down into nothing

It’s been too long
That I’ve been hiding
I’m too far gone
I just keep on sliding down


The road slips underneath my wheels
The sky melts into pools of grey and black
The sun rises from my perspective
And the daylight is leaving me alone

It’s been too long
That I’ve been hiding
I’m too far gone
I just keep on sliding down
I’m on my way
To God only knows where
Don’t feel alone
‘Cos you know we are one and the same


Bouncing off the rocks
Dig for a handhold
Years collapsed into a single moment
See the forward scene
Hurtle towards me
Measured in vertical miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home