Music, musings and more from the mind of Ben Averch.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Landfall



I know that you want to feel love
like it's pouring from the sky
I know that you need to see love
when you're looking in my eyes
to think instead of feel
is the greatest curse of all
abstracted from what's real
I can't even see the landfall

coming up against my limitations
hitting up against the wall


you see me stop and stare
like there's nothing I can do
I see you falling back
like someone's gonna save you
to dream instead of love
like there's somewhere I could hide
but do you know what's on the inside?

coming up against my limitations
hitting up against the wall
no one has to know the implications
when I can't even see the landfall, yeah


they don't even know my name and
even though they look the same and
if only this could be a real love
but you know I'm thinking when you feel love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home